Oxford Center Fire Company #1
Providing 75 years of Volunteer service to the town of Oxford
Below is the link to the Fireworks PSA
Attention Residents! It has been brought to our attention that residents from neighboring areas have received phone calls soliciting donations for the Fire Deparment. We have not and will not call and solicit for donations, we do our donations via the Postal Service. Please do not give card numbers or send any money to these people even if the caller ID even states "Volunteer Fire Department". If you do wish to donate to the the fire companies, we encourage you to come to our events or mail in donations to our address.
We appreciate all the support from our community and we will continue to serve all resident and visitors of Oxford. We will still be responding as normal to all request for the Fire Department. Should you have any questions or concerns about fire response please feel free to reach out to us by phone (203-888-9090) or on our Facebook page (Oxford Center Fire Co.)
If you are reporting an emergency or this is an emergency (medical or fire)
please call 911.
This station may not be manned at all times. If it is a non- emergent incident please call our dispatch center at
Again thank you for your continued support!
-The members and officers of OCFC
To the Oxford community and visitors, we still are, and will continue to answer all calls for assistance. If you call Oxford Fire Department we will be there!
However you may notice some operational differences!
- Our 911 dispatchers have added additional screening questions
- You may see our fire fighters wearing masks or gloves do not be alarmed! This is just to minimize possible exposures for us and you.
- For simple calls such as a false activated fire alarm you may see only an officer or single firefighter exit the apparatus to confirm
- Our members directing traffic may stand a little further away than normal
- We promise to keep everyone’s health in mind!
- Remember social distancing 6 feet, if you feel sick or are with someone who does stay home!
- If you have traveled and feel sick stay home! Wash your hands frequently!
- Use hand sanitizer, avoid large crowds and gatherings!
The Oxford Center Volunteer Fire Company is one of three 100% volunteer fire and rescue departments protecting the Town of Oxford, Connecticut.
The department currently utilizes 2 Engines, 1 Rescue, 1 Tanker, and 1 Ladder Truck. Firefighters provide fire, rescue, and emergency services to over 15,000 citizens covering 33.0 square miles. Along with the Town of Oxford, the department also provides mutual aid to the surrounding communities.
Each of our dedicated firefighters is a non-paid professional. They come from all walks of life; many are highly educated individuals with families, and long commutes to and from work each day. Some reside in the town, others do not. The one thing they all have in common is they are volunteers, dedicated to helping others. They give countless hours of their own time and resources, all without compensation. They train extensively and when called to duty, serve the residents of Oxford, with excellent fire protection and rescue services.